Eset Internet security is a modified product version name of Eset smart security. Features of the current product version have been improved much from its predecessor. Application call time is swift and smooth. I have been using this product for a week now, and I am very much impressed with its interface & application response time. Even windows inbuilt modules are not as much faster than this program is.
Eset products are a joy to use because of its simple & easy to use interface. No advanced skills are required to use this application.
- Option 3: Repeat last scan: users can re-scan or repeat their last scan, if they are not satisfied with their last scan results or if they missed performing any required action as suggested by the application based on the last scan performed.
In computer scan section, there is two different option available for users.
- Scan your computer: This will scan all local disks & clean threats. In this option, users don’t have access to choose any particular file, disk, folder or file type to scan.
- Advanced scans: In this section, there are three different options available to users. Option 1: Custom Scan: This will scan all files, folders, file types & disk as per user’s choice. Users can also set cleaning level and other parameters. Option 2: Removable Media Scan: This option is available to scan any external storage devices attached to the system including pen drives, hard disks, CD/DVDs, etc.
Security database updates are carried out automatically in the background by the program. However, users can also update the signature database manually. Similarly, the application is also updated automatically in the background, but users can also update it manually.
For general users (those having list technical knowledge) two tools are available by default. Tool 1: Home Network Protection: users can set public or private network. However, this feature is most suited for private networks only. Tool 2: Banking & payment Protection: this feature is to protect user’s valuable financial data from online hackers. Users can protect their credit cards, debit cards or virtual data from online hackers with the use of this feature.
For Advanced users additional tools available within the program are
- Log Files: Users can access information about all important program events.
- Running Processes: Eset provides the reputation of the programs running in the background & their effect on system performance.
- Protection Statistics: With the use of this tool users can access threat & spam statistics.
- Watch Activity: this tool helps users to get more information on current file system & network events is taking place in the background.
- Network Connections: using this tool, users can access the list of established connections.
- ESET Syslnspector: This tool collects detailed information about the system.
- Scheduler: It is responsible for managing and scheduling the application tasks.
- ESET SysRescue Live: It is a malware scanning tool that runs independently of the operating system from a CD, DVD or a USB.
9. Submit Sample for Analysis: Users can send files to Eset Research Lab for analysis of any malware sample.
10. Quarantine: files detected & removed by the program as a threat can be restored from this tool, if deleted files are safe to use according to the user’s personal experience.
4. Gamer Mode: is disabled by default, but program enables it as and when you are playing games, watching movies or working on any representation to prevent any distraction caused by system notification during your job.
5. Webcam Protection: It protects & Prevents your webcam from any misuse or spying attempt from online hackers.
A. Computer Protection: Contains the modules for required security There are five different security modules under this section.
- a. Real-time file system protection: This feature enables the program to immediately detect & clean malware from the computer as & when any internal or external threat is detected.
- Device control: Controls & protects the devices integrated or attached to the system from any malware attack. This feature takes control over your devices including your webcam, portable storage devices so that any malware attack can be detected & prevented as and when occurs.
- Host intrusion prevention system (HIPS): detects & stops the unwanted behavior of applications to block them from affecting system files or other documents stored on your disks.
B. Internet Protection: contains all security modules that helps protect users from online security threats. This section includes four security modules as given below
- Web Access Protection: detects & blocks the website with malicious contents. It automatically blocks access to the malicious or suspicious website to prevent online attacks.
- Email Client Protection: scan emails received & sent for any possible spam through an email client, such as Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird & other email clients.
- Anti–Spam Protection: Detects & removes spam emails.
- Anti–Phishing Protection: It detects & blocks the scam & phishing websites.
C. Network Protection: This section contains all security modules that help to protect user’s system and make it secure preventing any threat attacks through the This section includes six different security modules.
- Personal Firewall: Eset firewall is among one of the firewalls integrated into any security products. With Eset Internet security V10 firewall has been much improved enabling it to filter incoming & outgoing network traffic in the most efficient manner.
- Network Attack Protection (IDS): It detects & blocks incoming network attacks.
- Botnet Protection: Helps to identify & prevent botnet communication over the network.
- Connected Networks: Users can see the list of connected networks available to their systems.
- Temporary IP Address Blacklist: Contains the list of all Blacklisted IPs considered as dangerous.
6. Troubleshooting Wizard: Contains the list of blocked applications or devices. If applications or devices are not running according to the network rules or there is no any separate rule framed for such application or devices, then they are automatically blocked.
D. Security Tools: This section contains additional tools to protect systems, that includes Banking & Payment Protection(protects online banking & payment websites) & Parental Control(protects your children from dangerous threats & adult contents while accessing the internet).
All features of Eset Internet Security v10 has been discussed & based on my personal experience of using this security product I am very much impressed with this product for kind of quality and protection it provides to my system. From my side, there are no any cons for this product, however other users may find products price as one of the significant drawbacks. Trust me it is one of the best security product option available in the market that you have to choose from.
Please share your personal experience of using this product and let others aware of the kind of protection this product is providing to you all, including your satisfaction level for using this product.